Writing a Successful Grant Workshop
Huron, SD February 27, 2013
The training provided participants the opportunity to develop an understanding of the components of a successful grant proposal. Topics included:
- Understanding of what funding organizations look for in grant recipients
- How to develop a program that sells itself
- How to write a winning narrative
- How to evaluate a program
- Budget and budget narrative
- Grant funding and writing resources
Participants brought their ideas to start developing them or brought a draft to review!
- She did an excellent job of walking around and visiting/connecting with every person in attendance. I love how she then incorporated their story as “Real World” examples in the presentation.
- I like that she gave time to have each person or group break down and go through the various planning stages.
- She had an awesome ice breaker at the beginning that lead to a great opening hour of the presentation.
- I must say that the workshop was awesome! The speaker was great, really knows her stuff. The session was very informative, and the interaction especially was the best part. I would love to go one of these grant workshops in the future.
- I enjoyed the time for discussion and reflection.
- It really exceeded my expectations – I wasn’t expecting it to be so hands-on! It was also very enjoyable and interesting. I feel like it was a great program, and well worth the price.
- This was an excellent workshop. Very informative and helpful.
- The workshop was nicely balanced with lecture, information sharing and short work sessions.
Similar Portfolio Items: