Understanding the SD Science Standards
In-service workshop for Sacred Heart School, Yankton, SD
In this highly interactive workshop, participants gained an understanding of the SD Science Standards. The standards were constructed from the three major dimensions: Science and Engineering Practices, Disciplinary Core Ideas, and Crosscutting Concepts. Each dimension was explored with an interactive activity that allowed for greater understanding.
Some comments from participants;
- This workshop was recommended by all participants.
- I better understand the framework.
- I was more informed about the performance expectations.
- I learned about the standards and what the pieces in the parenthesis meant.
- It’s great to have a better understanding of the science standards.
- The crosscutting concepts are cross-curricular!