In-service workshop for Ipswich School District, Ipswich, SD
This fast paced 4-hour in-service workshop provided administrators and teachers of ALL grade levels and content areas an opportunity to explore how they can integrate STEM into their teaching. Much learning, collaboration and laughter occurred as participants explored the engineering design process, wrote stories and “played” with spaghetti, newspaper, play dough, puzzles and other household items.
- All evaluations would recommend this workshop to others.
- Liked all the hands on activities and how you can relate them to our different content areas.
- Hands-on experiences got us excited about the learning process.
- I have been interested in STEM for some time but didn’t understand what it all entailed – I love it! This is definitely where I would like to be.
- Reminded that learning is achieved through multi-sensory modes.
- Enjoyed your passion for STEM.
- I liked the chance for groups to collaborate and brainstorm ideas with each activity.
- I like the details used before activities begin.
- Great use of home materials!
- Many good resources to use with my multi-grade classroom.
Similar Portfolio Items: